Scorpionflies have enlarged genitals that look similar to the stingers of scorpions. Scorpionflies are named because of the external male genitalia which resemble the stingers of scorpions. Scorpionflies cannot sting.
Mimosa Pudica Known as the sensitive plant due to it’s reaction when touched by another organism. Its leaves fold in upon themselves and its stems droop. This action stops predators from eating the plant. Th plants behavior can also be seen during harsh weather conditions like excessive heat and rain. The folding process takes only […]
A preserved locust eating a mouse on display at the Natural History Museum, London. It’s more than 100 years old. It’s an African species called Ornithacris pictula. What would you do if you woke up with this on your pillow?
On February 2, 1959, 9 experienced hikers died under extremely strange and frightening circumstances in the Ural Mountains of Western Russia.
Police and military investigators were baffled by what they found at the campsite. The tent had been sliced open from the inside and abandoned, with their belongings still inside. This happened while external conditions were as low as minus-25 degrees C, with wind speeds estimated between 8 and 16 meters per second.
Some of the hiker’s bodies were found nearly a mile away from the campsite buried 13 feet beneath the snow.
- Investigators found footprints in the snow of eight or nine people who were wearing socks, a single shoe or were barefoot.
- Two men were found barefoot and dressed only in their underclothes.
- Footprints in the snow indicated that the hikers fled the tent in a hurry.
- Four others were found in a ravine and appeared to have suffered traumatic pressure injuries like that of a car crash but no soft tissue damage.
- One was missing a tongue and eyes.
- Tests on their bodies and clothing showed small traces of radiation.
- Some were wearing clothes that belonged to other team members.
- Their bodies had a deep brown tan.
Halitrephes MaasiThe most recent account of the jelly has been found at a depth of 4,000-5,000 feet near the Revillagigedo Archipelago off Baja California Peninsula, Mexico. Halitrephes Maasi can be found in the Atlantic, Indo-Pacific, Antarctic, and Mediterrean. There are also other neon jellyfish to enjoy that have been around for a while. This video […]
Apparently, plants can grow on turtles. It makes them look like mammal plant hybrids. A very beautiful display of what nature can do.
Rabbits create dens called forms in which they hide their young. These shelters also protect rabbits from inclement weather and predation by other animals. By creating these forms, rabbits bend the grass out of position and sometimes break the blades. Additionally, they may import grass from other spots in the yard and mat down or […]