When YOUR party engages in hypocrisy then YOU (as a party member) must ignore it or support it. It’s only bad until your party does it, then it’s “Just politics”, it’s OK because “It’s for the greater good”, or my favorite “It’s no big deal” (now, not then).
I’m not going to waste your time rolling out the hundreds of examples of this so I will simply focus on one huge obvious fail in each party.
For the Republicans let’s go with Guns. They claim to love gun rights and gun owners. They have a plethora of ads stating how much they love gun rights.
- “An armed man is a Citizen. An unarmed man is a slave.”
- “Gun Control is not about guns; it’s about control.”
- “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”
- “If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.”
- “Criminals love gun control — it makes their jobs safer.”
But for some reason, none of those apply to the Republican Leadership when the guns are near them.
- No guns are allowed at Republican National Conventions
- No guns are allowed at those Republican Presidential Rallies
- No guns at those Republican Town Halls I see on TV
- No guns at those private Religious Schools their children attend
- No guns allowed at those Posh Republican Fund Raisers
Now for the other side:
For the Democrats let’s go with Equality. They claim to want a world with equal rights and equal opportunity… for everyone
- “A fair day’s wage for a fair day’s work”
- “We’re With You: We’re Democrats”
- “For the People”
- “Stronger Together”
- “You Deserve Better”
They preach about a world with equality but why doesn’t the
Democratic Leadership want to live in that world?
- They don’t use the Healthcare they want you to use
- They don’t send their kids to your Public Schools
- They have Private Security in gated communities (Why not just use taxpayer cops and live next door to the voters?)
- They fly in Private Jets or First Class but you fly coach
- They don’t work 9 to 5 or get performance reviews by the people who hired them like you do.
When are people going to wake up and stop making excuses for horrible behavior in the name of tribalism?