I’ve often struggled with a very dark thought in the back of my head. The thought that the world doesn’t care about children.
I know individuals care about children but do we collectively care as a species about the welfare of children?
We know that children worldwide suffer from malnutrition, dehydration, sex trafficking, starvation, sickness, and physical abuse but what really bothers me is, I don’t know why it hasn’t been stopped.
- We have the money to stop it
- We have the armies to stop it
- We have the technology to stop it
- We have medicine to cure them
- We have enough food to feed them
- We have enough water for them to drink
- We have an abundance of empty buildings to shelter them
- We have an abundance of religions to love them
- We have an abundance of scientific minds to figure it out
- We have a plethora of organizations to help them
And yet here I am still wondering what I was wondering yesterday, “Why haven’t we stopped children from suffering?”
If people got rich helping children, I bet it would be near impossible to find one that wasn’t well fed and happy.
Just a thought