I wanted to take a look, for myself, and see what information there was about heaven in the bible. What I found was very interesting and surprisingly different than what I have heard from religious people. The bible is really straightforward when it comes to this subject, heaven is the earth’s atmosphere and space. See for yourself below.
Heaven is the firmament:
Genesis 1:8 — And God called the firmament, Heaven……
Planets and stars are in heaven:
- Deuteronomy 4:19 — And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the Lord thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven…….
- Genesis 1:14,15 — 14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: 15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
- Genesis 22:17 — That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, ……
- Joshua 10:13 — ……So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day
The seas are under heaven:
Genesis 1:9,10 — And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
The birds fly in heaven:
- Genesis 1:20 –……and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
- Genesis 7:23 — And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven;……
- Psalm 104:12 — By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches.
- Psalm 79:2 — The dead bodies of thy servants have they given to be meat unto the fowls of the heaven, the flesh of thy saints unto the beasts of the earth.
People are under heaven:
- Haggai 1:10 — Therefore the heaven over you stayed itself from dew
- Deuteronomy 2:25 — This day will I begin to put the dread of thee and the fear of thee upon the nations that are under the whole heaven,……
- Genesis 15:5 — And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them……
- Genesis 27:39 — …… thy dwelling shall be the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above;
- Exodus 9:8 — And the Lord said unto Moses and unto Aaron, Take to you handfuls of ashes of the furnace, and let Moses sprinkle it toward the heaven in the sight of Pharaoh.
- Joshua 8:20 — And when the men of Ai looked behind them, they saw, and, behold, the smoke of the city ascended up to heaven……
- Acts 1:11 — Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
Hills are under heaven:
- Genesis 7:19 — And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
- Daniel 4:11 — The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:
Rain is from heaven:
- Genesis 8:2 — The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;
- Deuteronomy 11:17 — And then the Lord’s wrath be kindled against you, and he shut up the heaven, that there be no rain,……
- 1 Kings 18:45 — And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain……
- Job 35:5 — Look unto the heavens, and see; and behold the clouds which are higher than thou.
- Psalm 78:26 — He caused an east wind to blow in the heaven: and by his power he brought in the south wind.
- Psalm 147:8 — Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.
- Isaiah 55:10 — For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, ……
- James 5:18 — And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.
2 Corinthians 12:2-4 — 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell.