In 1908, three Philadelphia researchers infected dozens of children with tuberculin at the St. Vincent’s House orphanage in Philadelphia, causing permanent blindness in some of the children and painful lesions and inflammation of the eyes in many of the others.
In the study, they refer to the children as “material used”.
Once children were blinded they were sent to live in homes with strangers
No criminal prosecutions were made against the doctors for what they did to these helpless infants.
They believed the science was worth the sacrifice.