The name of the new religion is Jediism.
They have been a legal religion in the United States since 2007 and tax exempt since 2015.
Jediism is based on the Jedi characters in the movie series “Star Wars”
They follow the Jedi code, consisting of 21 maxims, as the starting point for the Jedi belief system.
The Jedi Code:
- Emotion, yet Peace.
- There is no Emotion, there is Peace.
- Ignorance, yet Knowledge.
- There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge.
- Passion, yet Serenity.
- There is no Passion, there is Serenity.
- Chaos, yet Harmony.
- There is no Chaos, there is Harmony.
- Death, yet the Force.
- There is no Death, there is the Force.
- The 21 Maxims
- Prowess: To seek excellence in all endeavors expected of a Jedi.
- Justice: To always seek the path of ‘right’.
- Loyalty: To have faith in your Jedi brothers and sisters.
- Defense: To defend the way of Jediism.
- Courage: To have the will.
- Faith: To trust in the ways of the Force.
- Humility: To accept the ego for what it is.
- Fearlessness: To have no self-imposed limits.
- Nobility: To act with honour.
- Honesty: To avoid lies.
- Pure Motive: To act with motive and purpose.
- Discipline: To let the self be sole master of the self.
- Focus: To select what matters most.
- Discretion: To become invisible.
- Meditation: To exercise the mind.
- Training: To know one’s ignorance.
- Integrity: To be consistent.
- Morality: To know the danger of belief.
- Conflict: To know when to fight.
- Intervention: To know when not to act.
- Harmony: To be connected to the Force.
Real people all over the world are serious about this religion but are you?