The Moon Is Stranger Than You Know And I’m not Just Talking About The Dead Body
Categories: Curious Things In Space
- The Moon is really a planet.
- The Moon doesn’t actually orbit the Earth. The Earth and Moon orbit each other, around a point between them called a barycenter.
- The moon is larger than the once planet Pluto.
- The Moon is older than Earth.
- Moondust smells like gunpowder and can erode materials from Earth ultra fast.
- Shadows of the Moon are far darker than those on Earth due to the lack of atmosphere.
- The same side is always facing the Earth (it doesn’t rotate Oo), we never see the other side directly.
- The Moon is hollow.
- The Moon is egg-shaped, the bulging side faces away from Earth.
- The moon’s crust is composed primarily of illeminite, a mineral containing large amounts of titanium.
- The Moon has large, dense, circular masses lying beneath the surface called mascons. (what are they Oo)
- There is one dead body on the Moon, Eugene Shoemaker, his ashes were scattered onto the Moons surface.