October 15, 2018 — Lander7
“Blue Agave”, is used in the production of tequila the nectar is also a sweetener used to replace sugar.
- Contact with some agave plants can cause “Acute Contact Dermatitis”.
- It can produce reddening and blistering lasting one to two weeks.
- Itching can recur for up to a year.
- If it penetrates the skin blood vessels in the surrounding area may erupt.
- Bruising may also occur for a number of weeks.
- You may see bright red patches and oozing spots on the skin where the plant came in contact with it.