Several fake beers created in Japan are now being marketed and sold worldwide. You can get the drinks in bottles, cans, and even six-packs. They are also expanding the product lines to include children’s versions of wine, champagne, and cocktails. Fake beer even foams at the top when poured into a glass!
One of the slogans for a fake beer product reads: “Children can’t stand life unless they drink”.
Another advertisement for Kids’ Beer shows a boy crying because he failed a math test and then weeping for joy after drinking the beer. The message to me teaches a child to drown their sorrows in beer to feel better.
Another reads: “…perfect for those evenings when you want to be a bit like an adult.”
- What are we really up against?
- 88,000 deaths are annually attributed to excessive alcohol use.
- 30 people in the US die daily due to alcohol-impaired driving.
- 17 percent of men and 8 percent of women are addicted to alcohol.
- Those who begin drinking before age 15 are four times more likely to develop alcoholism than those who begin at age 21.
- In 2010, alcohol misuse cost the United States $249.0 billion.
- Alcohol contributes to liver cirrhosis, cancers, and injuries.
How long before it’s in your local store? I was able to find this one on Amazon, “Kidsbeer”.